Blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift surgery, is one of the popular forms of facial plastic surgery in Thailand among medical tourists from high income countries seeking low cost treatments abroad. With blepharoplasty in Thailand, you can easily get rid of your droopy, puffy or sagging eyelids for a price that fits your budget.
Overall, cosmetic surgery in Thailand is one of the most affordable in the world. Thailand is a haven mostly for Australians and Europeans who want to enhance their appearance via cosmetic treatments for a fraction of the costs.
Eyelid Surgery – Statistics
As per figures released by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) for the UK for 2011, eyelid surgery was the second most common plastic surgery procedure with 5,373 people opting for it.
In 2012, blepharoplasty was the second most requested cosmetic procedure for women in the US with 28,536 people receiving the treatment, based on data compiled by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS).
For people facing budget constraints, the fact that drooping eyelid surgery is pretty expensive in their home countries can only aggravate their problem. Thankfully, the low blepharoplasty cost in Thailand can be their ticket to achieving a more attractive and rejuvenated appearance of the eyes.
Eyelid Surgery – Quick Facts
Before boarding a plane to get eyelid surgery in Thailand, learn more about the procedure and weigh your options. Here are some fast facts to start with:
- An eyelid surgery involves making an incision within the crease of the upper or lower eyelid through which fat deposits are repositioned. Excess skin is then removed and the muscles are tightened to achieve the desired outcome.
- Lower eyelid problems can be corrected by making an incision and removing excess skin in the lower eyelids. Lower blepharoplasty in Thailand is available at a significantly reduced price.
- Double eyelid surgery in Thailand is another low cost option popular among patients with Asian descent. This procedure involves the creation of an upper eyelid with a crease.
- Those looking for a safer alternative may avail of laser blepharoplasty in Thailand at a minimal cost despite the high technology involved in the treatment.
Blepharoplasty in Thailand – Benefits
Cost – We’ve been mentioning the term ‘affordable’ and its synonyms multiple times throughout the article. But for how much is eyelid surgery in Thailand? A simple explanation would be this: compared to prices in countries such as Australia, the US, the UK and Canada, a patient undergoing eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty in Thailand can enjoy around 50% of savings. And it doesn’t matter whether it’s blepharoplasty in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket.
Quality – You don’t have to worry about poor results simply because of the lower price of blepharoplasty in Thailand. Leading hospitals here offer world class healthcare services, state-of-the-art facilities, and the most advanced medical technology. Furthermore, there are a good number of cosmetic surgeons who are highly qualified and highly competent to perform upper eyelid surgery and Asian blepharoplasty in Thailand. Just take your time in choosing the best one for you by reviewing patient testimonials or doing a background check.
Vacation Opportunity – That’s why it’s called medical tourism. Patients should also take this time to check out the beautiful sites and fun activities that abound in Thailand.
- In the capital city, Bangkok, you can visit the magnificent Trimitr Wat temple, have a memorable dinner at the Grand Pearl Cruise, and enjoy a Sun River cruise to Ayutthaya, where you can tour the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace.
- If you’re staying in Phuket, you can’t miss the Big Buddha statue in Chalong Bay as it measures 45 meters high and sits atop one of the highest points in the city. You must also try elephant trekking at the Kok Chang Safari between Rawai and Kata Beach for a genuine Thai experience.
- Pattaya has a floating market where tourists can get their hands on Thai handicraft and traditional food. Treat yourself to an instant tour of the world’s most famous architectural wonders by visiting Mini Siam, where mini-versions of the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and the Merlion, to name a few, can be seen.
These are just some of the many tempting and practical reasons why many medical tourists choose blepharoplasty in Thailand. There may be disadvantages, but they can easily be prevented through good planning and sound decision-making.