For many thousands of women large breasts have been anything but a blessing. The backaches, neck pain, grooves cut into skin by bra straps and sheer discomfort outweigh any admiring attention from men or envy from other women. Many are unable to deal with it as the cost of plastic surgery in the United States and Europe is very high. Breast reduction in Thailand may be the perfect answer to the problem.
Many men also suffer larger-than-normal breasts and male breast reduction in Thailand can help them too.
Smaller breasts are healthier too. Studies commissioned by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), on more than 32,000 women show that breast reduction lowers the chance of developing breast cancer 50 to 70 percent.
What to Expect with Breast Reduction in Thailand
Breast reduction prices in Thailand can be 30 percent of the cost in Western countries and sometimes even lower. Low-cost packages can be arranged through medical tourism agencies who will also act as liaison. Typical hospital rooms are spacious, and have:
- An LCD TV with satellite channels,
- A large, comfortable sofa
- A refrigerator,
- A safety box for your valuables,
- An in-room toilet
- A balcony
- Choice of meals from an international gourmet menu
Once you reach Thailand hospital for breast reduction surgery, you will have:
- Consultation with the plastic surgeon who will advice you according to your needs, expectations and medical history.
- Tests, to determine the patient’s current health status
During the breast reduction surgery:
- The patient will be given a general anesthetic
- In the most common technique, an anchor-shaped incision is made around the areola (the darker-colored skin surrounding the nipple) down the curve of the breast and under the breast. Excess fat is removed from the breast, the skin is sewn up again and the nipple and areola are moved to a higher position on the breast.
- For men or smaller-breasted women, the liposuction-only technique is most often used. A vacuum-type tube sucks out the fat through an incision made under the breast. Healing is quicker with very little scarring.
The procedure can last two to four hours. After about two nights in a hospital bed, the patient is ready to be discharged. Breasts may feel a bit sore when the anesthetic wears off but the hospital is ready with medication or whatever support is needed. Aftercare can continue for approximately another two weeks. A special bra may have to be worn for about six months to reshape the breasts.
Aftercare for Breast Reduction in Thailand
Usually a patient needs at least another two weeks for full recovery. Often the package includes continued stay in a hotel with thorough and attentive follow-up and aftercare. Part of the aftercare may include lounging on a beach chair on any one of many beaches that are close to Thai hospitals.
Why Have Breast Reduction in Thailand?
- Costs 30 percent or lower than in Western countries
- The warmth and welcome that is part of Thailand’s culture and standard in the medical tourism industry
- One of the most beautiful, exotic, sunniest environments in which to recover from surgery
- Bangkok’s best breast reduction doctors are Top Thai plastic surgeons, who have been trained in the best medical schools in the United States and Europe.
- Many of the Thailand hospitals are ISO 9001 accredited, or by the JCI, which is the main accreditation agency in the United States.
- English is widely spoken.
- Friendliness and hospitality are natural to the Thai.
Going for breast reduction to Thailand will provide the highest quality medical care and attention. The sun, beaches and exotic beauty will provide all the incentive to heal.