Women who wish to have fuller breasts or reduce their bosom but have limited budget can now see their dream turn into a reality by taking advantage of low cost breast surgery in Thailand. Medical tourists from across the globe choose to undergo cosmetic surgery in Thailand because of its affordability compared to the high prices quoted in the US, the UK, Middle East, Australia, and Canada.
Despite the recession, people are still spending money to improve their appearance. According to the 2011 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast enhancement remains the top surgical cosmetic surgery procedure in the USA, with 307,180 done in 2011. Keeping in mind the mighty costs of breast surgeries in the western nations, more and more plastic surgery enthusiasts are making a beeline for getting a nip and tuck at easy-on-the-pocket prices in Thailand.
What Patients Need to Know About Breast Surgery
- Breast enhancement surgery, also known as mammoplasty, helps enhance the size and appearance of small or sagging breasts.
- Patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery in Thailand should expect the procedure to take between one and two hours, while length of hospital stay can be from 1 to 2 days.
- Available breast implants in Thailand include silicone gel implants and saline implants, among others.
- Women can also undergo reverse mammoplasty or breast reduction in Thailand to rid themselves of the discomforts of having large breasts such as backaches and neck pain.
- Patients who wish to undergo breast enhancement surgery in Thailand should first understand the risks involved, including:
- Implant leakage and rupture
- Implant malposition
- Changes in breast or nipple sensation
- Prior to your boob surgery in Thailand, do the following:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs to prevent bleeding problems.
- Undergo mammography before and after the surgery to check breast tissues changes.
- Stop smoking a week before and after the surgery.
- Eat healthy.
- Looking at breast implants before and after photos can help patients fully appreciate the transformation brought by breast surgery.
Why Choose to Have Breast Surgery in Thailand?
- Breast reduction surgery and breast implants in Bangkok and other parts of Thailand cost a lot lower than what Australians, Americans, Canadians, UK nationals and people from other developed countries have to shell for the procedure back home.
- The cost of breast lift surgery in Thailand is lower than in First World nations owing to the low living costs in the Southeast Asian country.
- Even if a patient includes travel and accommodation expenses, the total breast lift surgery cost in Thailand would still be lower than what they will be paying if they get the same procedure in Western countries.
- With the lower price of breast surgery, one can also take advantage of other affordable cosmetic procedures, such as facelift and Brazilian buttock augmentation in Thailand.
- Quite a few of the breast enlargement surgeons in Thailand of repute have received training in the US and Europe and use the latest surgical techniques.
- Many hospitals in Thailand are accredited by the ISO and the JCI and apply state-of-the-art medical technology.
- Majority of the doctors and medical staff in the reputable hospitals of the country are English-speaking, thereby minimizing chances of barriers to communication.
- After your breast cosmetic surgery in Thailand, you can recuperate in a quintessential tropical setting. Thailand boasts of a rich culture and beautiful tourist attractions. Thai people are also known to be friendly and hospitable.
For people from Australia, traveling to Thailand for breast surgery would be a sound decision logistically, keeping in view the geographical proximity.
Breast Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand – Travel Tips
- Patients who plan to get breast enlargement surgery in Thailand must carry their passports at all times. Visa is not required for tourists staying up to 30 days.
- The best period to visit Thailand is from October to March when the weather is cool and less humid.
- Medical tourists are advised to buy bottled water and to avoid drinking tap water in Thailand.
- Niceties should be observed when entering a religious building or wat, such as taking your shoes off and dressing properly.
- Wai is a respectful way of greeting other people in Thailand. Thai people do this by joining their hands together in a prayer-like position and bowing their head slightly.
It is easy to see that cheap breast surgery in Thailand is not the only thing that attracts medical tourists to this country. The high quality of medical treatments, the friendly disposition of Thai people, the rich culture, and the exotic places are just some of the fine things experienced by those who choose breast surgery in Thailand.