If you want to get rid of wrinkles, crow’s feet, and sagging skin to regain your youthful appearance, getting a facelift in Thailand is a suitable and affordable option. With the world-renowned medical facilities and highly trained plastic surgeons, it is easy to understand why people choose to get facelift surgery in Thailand.
According to a report by Bruce Einhorn published in Bloomberg Businessweek, Thailand received over 1.5 million medical tourists in 2008. The low cost of medical and elective procedures such as cosmetic and plastic surgery in Thailand makes the country an attractive option for patients from First World where healthcare costs have almost breached the stratosphere!
What is a Facelift Surgery?
It improves some of the following signs of aging:
- Mid-face sagging.
- Deep creases along the nose and below the lower eyelids.
- Jowls caused by loss of muscle tone.
- Double chin caused by loose skin and excess fat.
Advanced surgical hospitals offer rhytidectomy in Thailand, which is usually performed along with a brow lift that fixes sagging or wrinkled brows and eyelid surgery that refreshes tired eyes.
Why Opt for Rhytidectomy Surgery in Thailand
According to a 2009 report titled “An Insight on Medical Tourism Sector Developments in Asian Countries” commissioned by the Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, nearly 1.54 million tourists, who brought in US $740 million, chose Thailand as their medical tourism destination in 2007.
A substantial number of the overseas patients undergo cosmetic procedures such as facelifts, lipo, and tummy tucks and even surgery for sex change in Thailand. Cosmetic surgery in Thailand gives patients the much needed privacy that might otherwise evade them in their home countries.
Here are some of the advantages of going for surgical removal of wrinkles in Thailand:
- Affordable surgical procedures: The cost of rhytidectomy surgery in Thailand is astonishingly low as compared to the prices charged in the US. In some cases, facelift cost in Thailand could be almost 30-40% lower.
- Topnotch surgical facilities: According to the World Health Organization, plastic surgery hospitals in Bangkok and other major cities of Thailand are comparable to those in the US, Canada and Europe.
- Latest technology: Adhering to global standards, internationally-trained surgeons use cutting edge technology and equipment to perform facelift procedures that include the newly developed ultrasound facelift in Thailand.
- World class surgeons: There are a number of board-certified and highly trained plastic surgeons in Thailand. Additionally, many of the Thai medical professionals speak English fluently.
- Minimal waiting period: Patients can schedule a low cost quick facelift in Thailand since medical personnel and hospital facilities are easily available without any waiting time.
- Travel destination: Thailand is an immensely popular tourist destination. The country’s friendly people and multiple tourist attractions provide an added incentive for medical tourism. It is hardly surprising that people are undergoing procedures such as rhinoplasty and mini facelift in Thailand.
Facelift in Thailand – Travel Tips
- Before heading for rhytidectomy in Thailand, invest some time in research to find the reputable plastic surgery hospitals.
- With multiple JCI (Joint Commission International, a global organization that sets hospital standards) accredited hospitals in Thailand, medicals tourists have a wide number of medical facilities to choose from.
- Under the laws of Thailand, visitors must always carry their passports. But be wary of pickpockets.
- Make sure you know Thailand’s travel requirements. All non-Thai travelers require passports to enter Thailand. US citizens do not require a visa if they are staying for less than 30 days. But for those entering by land, the stay without a visa is limited to 15 days.
With its accredited medical centers, experienced surgeons, and low costs, facelift surgery in Thailand is a popular decision. Add to this the exotic attractions of the country such as the sandy beaches and throbbing nightlife of Pattaya and Phuket, the gleaming shopping centers of Bangkok, the bohemian styling of Chiang Mai, and the stunning natural landscape of the Krabi islands, and you have an attractive surgical tourism package!
Patients who seek inexpensive facelift in Thailand can return home looking and feeling refreshed after a true R&R experience.