For women with weakened or defective vaginal walls, posterior vaginal repair in Thailand can be an inexpensive way to get the treatment needed to avoid a genital or pelvic organ prolapse. If the strength of your vaginal walls has been compromised by a difficult pregnancy, menopause, obesity or persistent cough, you can take proactive steps to improve your gynecological health with an anterior and posterior vaginal repair in Thailand.
What is Vaginal Repair Surgery?
Vaginal repair surgery encompasses a number of procedures including colporrhaphy and perineoplasty. There are a number of reasons for pursuing vaginal repair — including aesthetics — though one of the most common is the treatment and prevention of prolapsed pelvic organs. Organs at risk of prolapse in women with weakened or deformed vaginal walls include the rectum, urethra, bladder, uterus or small intestine.
Vaginal repair surgery for prolapse involves strengthening the vaginal wall, either with stitches or a mesh insert. According to the Royal Woman’s Hospital of Victoria, “about 70% women undergoing conventional vaginal prolapse surgery have a successful outcome.”
Why Travel to Thailand?
There are several compelling reasons for traveling for a posterior colporrhaphy in Thailand. For women from the UK and Australia, the main draw is the reduced price. Even the best insurance plans may come with high co-pay, thereby making the procedure unaffordable. As well, you may receive faster and better-quality care at a private hospital abroad. With a number of aesthetic gynecology centers catering to foreign tourists, there are virtually no waiting lists for procedures such as posterior vaginal repair and perineoplasty in Thailand.
How much does it cost?
Posterior vaginal repair costs in Thailand may be as much as 70% less than the prices charged for similar procedures by private clinics in the UK, the US, Canada or Australia. These savings are predominantly due to the country’s lower cost of living and well-developed medical tourism infrastructure.
According to a September 2012 BBC article by Caroline Eden, “medical tourism in Thailand is growing at a yearly rate of 16%.” Whether you’re traveling for colporrhaphy or laser vaginoplasty in Thailand, the country is home to a large number of vaginal surgery clinics that cater to foreign tourists.
- Bangkok: As the country’s capital and largest city, Bangkok hosts some of the best clinics specializing in urogynecology in Thailand. Home to over 1.5 million people, the city is clean, modern, and features popular tourist attractions including the river Kwai, the Traimit Wat and Wat Po temples, and the Damnoen Saduak floating market.
- Pattaya: A bustling city of 100,000 on the country’s east coast, Pattaya has become a popular destination for both medical and conventional tourism. The area’s main draw is its beautiful beachfronts around which a considerable medical tourism industry has sprung up in recent years.
Wherever you decide to travel, you’ll find doctors and surgeons specializing in Colporrhaphy throughout Thailand.
Thailand Travel Tips
Thailand has become an increasingly popular travel destination in recent years, and as such, traveling in the country is easier than ever. That being said, people from Europe, the UK and Australia may still experience considerable culture shock when visiting for the first time. Here as some tips that will make planning your trip for repair of vaginal wall in Thailand go smoothly:
- Bangkok hosts the country’s largest international airport, and is the most common point of entry for visitors coming from abroad.
- Thailand’s currency is the Baht. International ATMs are plentiful in most cities, though check with your bank before leaving to be sure you’ll be able to use your card.
- Thailand is in the Indochina time zone, which is seven hours ahead of GMT.
- It is hot and humid in most parts of the country. Monsoon season lasts from June to October, during which time most of the country experiences regular, heavy rains.
- Thais hold both their royal family and the Buddha in high esteem. Showing disrespect publicly to either during your stay can get you in serious trouble!
Traveling for a posterior vaginal repair in Thailand may not be right for everyone. Be sure to talk to your doctor before planning your trip.
For more information and cost-estimate, fill-out the quote-request form on the right.