Specialized clinics and well trained doctors have made Urogynecology in Thailand a sought after treatment, especially among medical tourists from American and European nations. According to a report released by the World Health Organization, the most recent growth in the field of gynecology is in area of urogynecology, a field that deals with the condition of pelvic floor disorders, urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse in women.
The advanced healthcare system and the presence of state of the art Urogynecology clinics in Thailand have made Urogynecology surgery in Thailand a reliable medical treatment. The world Health Organization rankings for healthcare facilities in the world put Thailand healthcare system at number 47, not much below the U.S healthcare system that ranks 31 on the same list.
What is Urogynecology?
Urogynecology is a surgical sub specialty of Urology, the medical specialty that focuses on the urinary tracts of males and females, and gynecology, the medical specialty that deals with the health of the reproductive system of females.
According to the American Urogynecologic Society, a Urogynecologist is one who is specialized in the treatment of pelvic floor disorders in Women. Pelvic floor disorders are usually caused in women during childbirth, by a chronic disease, or by repeated lifting of heavy objects.
Some of the symptoms and problems related to pelvic floor disorders are:
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Bladder pain
- Bladder emptying disorders
- Prolapse (lowering of the pelvic floor)
Urogynecology clinics in Thailand provide both conservative (non surgical) treatment and surgical treatment for the above mentioned problems related to pelvic floor disorders. The well trained Urogynecology doctors in Thailand will be able to advise you on which treatment will suit you best, depending on the severity of your problem and your general health.
Why Urogynecology surgery in Thailand?
Primarily more famous for its cosmetic and plastic surgery, Thailand has now gained renown for providing specialized services in almost all fields of medical science.
Here are some of the top reasons for choosing Thailand for Urogynecology surgery:
- Urogynecology doctors in Thailand are trained from the best institutions in the world.
- Affordable pricing for Urogynecology surgery in Thailand, as compared to the costs in western countries
- Interpreters/translators in different languages available in most Urogynecology centres in Thailand
- English speaking staff at the hospitals
- ISO Certified, JCI accredited Thailand hospitals that employ the latest technology
- Thailand boasts of a great infrastructure, as it is one of the top tourist destinations of the world
Tourist attractions in Thailand
Since Thailand is one of the most exotic nations of the world, medical tourists traveling to Thailand for Pelvic floor reconstruction surgery must avail packages from a reliable medical tourism agency that will combine their medical treatment with experiencing the beautiful locales of this country that are imbued with natural beauty.
Some of the best sightseeing places in Thailand are:
- The historical park at Ayutthaya, Bangkok
- Erawan Waterfall in Kanchanaburi Thailand
- Giants at Wat Pho Bangkok Thailand
- Crocodile farm at Phuket
- National Museum at Bangkok
- Patong Beach at Phuket
These, and many more attractions make Thailand a top destination for medical tourism in the world. Beautiful beaches, sumptuous Thai cuisine, night clubs, huge shopping malls, Buddhist temples and so much more make Thailand a place where a medical tourist can not only get a cost effective treatment, but also rejuvenate his senses for a complete makeover.
Travel tips for Medical Tourists in Thailand
So you have decided on getting urogynecology in Thailand? Don’t pack your bags just yet; It’s important that you research around a bit, and equip yourself with some knowledge of the country. Some tips for tourists:
- Thailand is a Buddhist country. So, travelers must show reverence for all things related to Buddhism
- Show respect for the Thailand monarchy
- Choose those months for traveling when the climate of Thailand is cool and pleasant. The months from November to February are most apt for traveling to Thailand.
- Carry your passport with you at all times.
- Dress adequately before entering any religious place in Thailand.
- Thailand is a conservative country. Avoid public displays of affections with people of the opposite sex.
Easy appointments and cheap medical treatment make urogynecology surgery in Thailand a smart option for foreign patients. In addition, you may get to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine and the famous Thai massage as you recuperate on their lovely beaches.