Patients battling with chronic obesity, deterred by the high cost of surgery in their native countries are increasingly turning towards Bangkok, Thailand for Liposuction.
In 2002, as per the facts stated in a Harvard Business School report, the country saw 60% more medical tourists than the rest of Asia attracted by the state of the art hospitals, reduced costs and low rates of mortality or complications.
The subsidized medical care and large number of health personnel ensures that the cost of medical procedures in Thailand is very low. Cost of Liposuction in Bangkok is estimated to be 30-40% of that in the West. Aesthetic surgery in Thailand provides high quality medical care like that in developed first world countries at the price of a developing country.
Liposuction- An Overview
Liposuction refers to the removal of unwanted fat from different areas of the body like the abdomen, arms, thighs or buttocks.
Alternate Names – Liposuction, lipoplasty, fat remodeling, liposculpture suction, lipectomy, lipo, suction-assisted fat removal.
Thai doctors usually conduct a vigorous pre operative examination and ensure that the patients considering Liposuction in Bangkok meet the requisite criteria. General guidelines for individuals wanting to undergo liposuction procedure are as follows:
- Over 18 years of age
- Good physical health
- Mentally and emotionally sound
- Inability to lose weight after diet or exercise
- 10-15 pounds of persistent fat in certain areas of the body
- Absence of diabetes, any heart or circulatory problems
- Liposuction should not be combined with abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedures.
Approaches – The main challenge to the procedure are
- Removal of adequate amount of fat
- Least disturbance of neighboring blood vessels and connective tissues and fluid content of the body.
- Least discomfort for the patient
Liposuction in Bangkok
Patients opting Bangkok for liposuction can chose from a number of procedural types:
- Traditional Liposuction – It involves the removal of fat from under the skin using stainless steel cannulas and powerful vacuum.
- Vaser Liposuction – It is a variation of traditional liposuction, in which fat deposits from under a particular body part are removed using high frequency ultrasound
- Laser Liposuction – Smart Lipo in Bangkok is another minimally invasive Liposuction in procedure in which the heat generated by the Laser, helps melt the fat and facilitate its removal.
Hospitals in Thailand are equipped with the latest technology and procedures such as Laser Liposuction in Bangkok attract medical tourists from all over the world.
Risks & Complications
A study published in Dermatologic Surgery (July 2004), found that “The overall clinical complication rate [for liposuction] … was 0.7%”. There are a number of side effects and complications which may be associated with Liposuction:
- Allergic reactions
The reduced price of Liposuction in Bangkok, the high quality care administered and the increasing awareness of cosmetic surgery to aid in weight loss has hundreds of tourists flocking to the country for the procedure. Statistics compiled by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for 2009 showed that 200,000 liposuction surgeries were conducted in US alone with a total expenditure of $500 million.
Liposuction in Bangkok
It is estimated that more than 1 million medical tourists Thailand in 2009. There are a number of reasons for this sudden boom in the medical tourism industry in Thailand:
- Thailand is home to approximately 1400 hospitals, with Bangkok itself having 53 of these.
- The Joint Commission International, USA and Hospital Accreditation, Thailand have accredited some of these hospitals, so medical tourists need not be skeptical about the standard of services.
- Hospitals in Thailand use modern, state of the art technology and impose strict quality checks.
- Plastic surgeons conducting body sculpting procedures like Smart Lipo in Bangkok are highly qualified and provide medical care at par with that in the West.
- The friendly, gentle and caring ways of the Thai health professionals ensure that in Bangkok, vaser patients are provided with comprehensive, personalized care.
- English is the language of communication and hospitals provide translators as and when required by the patients.
- Face lift in Thailand and other cosmetic surgery procedures are readily available, catered to by hospitals set up exclusively for beauty enhancement procedures.
- Vaser Liposuction in Bangkok or any other medical procedure has negligible waiting period unlike some of the first world countries like Canada.
- The government of Thailand is also taking steps to improve medical tourism by cutting down on the bureaucratic red tape and making the visa requirements less stringent.
- Thailand is a vacationer’s delight with experiences to suit every palate. Surgery in this country gives medical tourists an opportunity to explore the rich culture of this beautiful, tropical land.
Cosmetic Surgery Packages in Thailand
- Hotel accommodation
- Consultation fee
- Operating room fee
- Surgeon’s & physician’s fee
- Post surgical check up fee
These packages are affordable, convenient and offer the best value for money. The cost of liposuction procedures like Smart Lipo in Bangkok is estimated to be 30-40% of its value in USA. Air travel and post operative accommodation is also relatively cheaper in the country. This ways, a dream tropical holiday and high quality cosmetic surgery can both be achieved at low cost leaving tourists with huge savings.
Things to remember while traveling to Thailand
- Foreigners must carry their passport and all documents necessary to travel by air outside the country.
- Thailand is now easily accessible from all corners of the globe thanks to the large number of low cost flights available.
- Citizens of New Zealand, Australia, Canada, USA & most European Nations can stay in Thailand for up to 30days without a Thai visa.
- These Thai visa waivers are issued on arrival in Thailand by air, provided details of return journey can be shown.
- Medical tourists in Thailand are advised to take standard precautions for personal safety. Tourists should avoid travelling alone to remote places at night and keep tabs on their valuables while visiting crowded places.
- It is also advised that tourists refrain from littering the city or dealing with drugs of any sort while in Thailand.
- Tourists traveling to Bangkok for Liposuction can recuperate at the scenic locations in the country, which could improve the healing process and rejuvenate the mind, body and the soul.
The state of the art multi specialty hospitals, qualified physicians, reduced costs and negligible waiting period have made Thailand one of the major medical tourism destinations in the world. More and more tourists are opting out for procedures like Vaser Liposuction in Bangkok to get the body they had long since dreamt off.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on liposuction in Bangkok – Thailand.